Team Ninja is growing! We have 2 new opportunities to join our family. We are looking for a passionate instructor/expedition guide and an awesome reservations ninja to both start in October. Please carefully read the job descriptions before applying. Dive Ninjas is currently ranked as the #2 dive center in the world on the 2021 Dive Travel Awards – so needless to say we are looking for team members that can deliver amazing customer experiences and want to get involved in our sustainable tourism and conservation projects. We will only contact those that have been shortlisted for an interview. Thanks ninjas!
Position #1: Expedition Team Dive Instructor
We are looking to add 2 new ninjas to our dive team. Like all of our ninjas your position will be multifaceted and you will be involved in many aspects of the business from diving and sales to logistics, development, and conservation projects. Your primary duties will be in the water teaching courses or guiding expeditions & tours (scuba, freediving, whale watching, etc) but you will also be expected to work office hours when not in the water. We will provide you with the necessary training to be able to work on our expeditions in Baja.
- PADI MSDT or higher (or OWSI and able to teach at least 4 speciality courses) in teaching status with no past QA or safety issues. And yes, we will check.
- Some experience with conservation projects or background (work or education) in marine science or conservation
- Able to teach various specialty courses such as Nitrox, Deep, etc..
- Hardworking- this is not the job for lazy divers.
- Top notch customer service skills
- Passionate about protecting our oceans and planet
- Valid drivers license
- Minimum languages: English (fluent) & Spanish (conversational level)
- Minimum 1 year contract
- Salary: Full salary, paid bi-weekly plus sales commission options. Salary package is negotiable and based on experience & skills
Additional skills that will put you higher up the candidate list:
- Photographer or videographer (please send 3-5 examples of your work)
- Freediving instructor (PADI or SSI)
- Experience working in remote places or on liveaboards
- Sales or marketing experience
- Highly reviewed on TripAdvisor
- Additional languages
- Hatred for pineapple on pizza 🤣
Please note: To be considered for our expeditions team you MUST be able to work away from home for multiple days at a time during a few months of the year. This is seasonal and ranges from 3-6 days away from Cabo at a time. Your accommodation, transfers, food, etc will be paid for by Dive Ninjas.
To apply send an email explaining why you think you would be a good addition to Team Ninja in 600 words or less. You can skip all the job application buzz words. We would rather know who you really, what your passions are, and why you think you’d be a good fit. Please send your answer as well as your CV, a photo of you, and the name of your favorite snack to [email protected]
Position # 2: Sales & Reservations Ninja
Our office team is the backbone of Dive Ninjas and is as equally important as our dive team. They are the first introduction to Dive Ninjas for most guests, plus they keep everything running smooth so that our dive team can focus on what they do best. We are currently looking for an awesome sales & reservations ninja to join our team. Your work time will be mixed between our main shop and satellite shop inside Casa Dorada Hotel. This is a great position for someone looking to gain experience working in true ecotourism and the dive industry. For the right candidate we can also train you from beginner all the way through to a being professional diver as well as of course receiving a full salary.
- Duties include front office customer service, reservations, concierge, scheduling, answering emails, communicating with customers, sales, and general administrative duties.
- Experience with Google Docs & sheets and/or MS Office
- Hardworker- this is not a job for lazy ninjas.
- Self Motivated and able to work alone and as part of a team.
- Perfect customer service skills
- Punctual, efficient, and able to manage time to meet strict deadlines
- Must be able to speak/write/read both English & Spanish at a high level.
- Passionate about the ocean and protecting our planet
- Opportunities to learn to dive or grow as a diver through further training, courses & workshops (scuba, freediving, tech diving, etc) with our team as well as much more.
- Opportunities to join our expeditions, tours, and conservation projects
- Must live in Cabo San Lucas.
To apply please email [email protected] with your CV as well as a short introduction (600 words or less) to who you are and why you would be an awesome addition to our ninja family. Don’t forget to tell us your favorite snack too!