Team Ninja is Hiring!
Team Ninja is growing! We have 2 new opportunities to join our family. We are looking for a passionate instructor/expedition guide and an awesome ninja admin assistant to start ASAP. Please carefully read the job descriptions before applying. We will only contact those that have been shortlisted for an interview. Thanks ninjas!
Position #1: Expedition Team Instructor
We are looking to add a new ninja to our dive team. Like all of our ninjas your position will be multifaceted and you will be involved in many aspects of the business from diving and sales to logistics, development, and conservation projects. Your primary duties will be in the water teaching courses or guiding tours (scuba, freediving, whale watching, etc) but you will also be expected to work some office hours when not in the water. We will provide you with the necessary training to be able to work on our expeditions in Baja.
- PADI OWSI or higher in teaching status with no past QA or safety issues. And yes, we will check.
- Marine science or conservation background / experience
- Able to teach various specialty courses
- Hardworking- this is not the job for lazy divers.
- Top notch customer service skills
- Passionate about protecting our oceans and planet
- Valid drivers license
- Languages: English & Spanish (conversational level)
- 1 year contract
Additional skills that will put you higher up the candidate list:
- Photographer or videographer (please send 3-5 examples of your work)
- Freediving instructor (PADI or SSI) or experienced freediver
- Experience working in remote places or on liveaboards
- Sales or marketing experience
- Highly reviewed on TripAdvisor
- Additional languages
- Hatred for pineapple on pizza 🤣
Please note: To be considered for our expeditions team you MUST be able to work away from home for multiple days at a time during a few months of the year. This is seasonal and ranges from 3-6 days away from Cabo at a time. Your accommodation, transfers, food, etc will be paid for by Dive Ninjas.
To apply send an email explaining why you think you would be a good addition to Team Ninja in 600 words or less. You can skip all the job application buzz words. We would rather know who you really, what your passions are, and why you think you’d be a good fit. Please send your answer as well as your CV, a photo of you, and the name of your favorite snack to [email protected]
Position # 2: Ninja Admin Assistant
Our admin team is the backbone of Dive Ninjas and is as equally important as our dive team. They keep everything running smooth so that our dive team can focus on what they do best. But even the greatest of ninjas need help sometimes. That’s where you come in. This position will be primarily working as a direct assistant to the owner of Dive Ninjas and our shop Manager. This is a great position for someone looking to gain experience working in true ecotourism and the dive industry. For the right candidate we can also train you from beginner all the way through to a being professional diver as well as receiving a salary.
- Duties include booking Travel arrangements, reservations, scheduling, maintaining task lists, answering emails, communicating with customers & providers, sales, and general administrative duties.
- Candidate should be familiar with Google Docs & sheets and/or MS Office
- Hardworker- this is not a job for lazy ninjas.
- Self Motivated and able to work alone and as part of a team.
- Great customer service skills
- Punctual, efficient, and able to manage time to meet strict deadlines
- Must be able to speak/write/read both English & Spanish at a high level.
- Passionate about the ocean and protecting our planet
- Opportunities to learn to dive or grow as a diver through further training, courses & workshops (scuba, freediving, tech diving, etc) with our team as well as much more.
- Opportunities to join our expeditions, trips, and conservation projects
- Option to work partially remotely
- Must live in Cabo San Lucas.
To apply please email [email protected] with your CV or an outline of your qualifications and any relevant experience as well as a short summary of why you would be an awesome addition to our ninja family.